CBD is a natural compound extracted from the cannabis plant. It proves to be a promising pharmaceutical agent for many ailments, but without the psychotropic effects of THC. Most importantly, unlike other options, CBD isn’t habit forming and comes with minimal potential side effects.
Before you start using CBD for pain management, you have to understand that there is a lack of reliable data proving that CBD is effective. Currently, there is a lot of anecdotal evidence, but that won’t get any approvals from the FDA. Read this page to learn everything you need to know about CBD uses.
Managing Your Pain with CBD
Although there is plenty of anecdotal evidence, further research is underway to prove the positive effects of CBD on pain management. The truth is, the jury is still out on how effective CBD is for pain and it is a long way away from having approval of the FDA. Despite that, users turn to these types of products frequently. Here are some potential benefits of CBD:
- Increasing Immune Response — As CBD can decrease levels of pro-inflammatory cytokines and inhibit the proliferation of T cells, it can modulate and improve your immune response (see Immune Responses Regulated by Cannabidiol).
- Reducing Inflammation — CBD acts as an antioxidant, meaning that it can reduce oxidative stress and systemic inflammation. It may also reduce neuropathic pain and help establish a more balanced immune response (see Antioxidative and Anti-Inflammatory Properties of Cannabidiol).
- Reducing Pain — CBD can stimulate adenosine reuptake, a neurotransmitter, and boost it to inhibit pain sensations in your brain. It may also outright block pain signals from reaching your brain by binding to transient receptors (see Review of The Neurological Benefits of Phytocannabinoids).
We must note that, although CBD can have many benefits, it should not be viewed as an alternative to traditional pain care treatments. Instead, you should consider it as a complementary instrument, and should always consult your physician before using it.
How to Choose a CBD Product That Fits for Your Needs
It’s important to note that the amount of CBD you absorb when taking a CBD product varies from user to user. It mostly depends on:
- Your Weight — Like any other medication, you should dose the amount of CBD you use based on your weight. The best way to go about it is to start with small doses and increase slowly to find the dosage you respond to the best. For guidance on dosing, view our blog article on dosing.
- The Form of CBD You Take — The amount of CBD you absorb will depend on whether you’re using topicals, oral products, or vaping. For example, if you’re using oral CBD products, it’s best to take them with food, especially fatty foods. This will help to increase the absorption rates because CBD dissolves in fats.
- Your Habits and Cannabis History — Your stress levels, diet, and sleeping habits can all play a role in how your body responds to the CBD product. In line with that, if you have any prior history of marijuana use, you might also react differently than someone who hasn’t used any marijuana product before.
East Coast Herbalist Products We Suggest
Sublingual oil is a great way to ingest CBD and allows for fast-tracks CBD absorption. Onset can take just 20-40 minutes, and the effects can last for up to 6 hours. Those with more significant symptoms or gut health concerns will want to try GreenMed Botanicals RELIEF CBD:CBG Tincture.
This tincture is a pharmaceutical-grade hemp-derived product best suited for daily use. Light peppermint flavor and 2000mg of cannabinoids (1000mg CBD and 1000mg CBG) make this one of the most potent and cost-effective tinctures on the market.
Capsules and softgels are accurate, easy, and discrete ways to take CBD, and they provide a long-lasting, full-body experience. We offer the Lazarus 25mg capsules or the Cycling Frog 100mg Gelcaps for those dealing with more significant issues.
You should try our Lemongrass Salve (500mg) if you’re suffering from symptoms over a smaller surface area. If you are looking for our strongest topical product, check out GreenMed 2000mg CBD:CBG salve. Those with troublesome dry skin and/or mild inflammation over a larger area of the body will like our 250mg Transdermal Lotion. The 1000mg Lazarus lotion is recommended for those with more significant symptoms over a larger surface area.
How to Buy CBD
Cannabinoids are legal in most states, but not all. If you live in a state where they are legal, such as Massachusetts and Rhode Island, the first thing you need to consider when buying CBD is the source. Make sure to pick a manufacturer or a distributor with a proven track record of using only the highest-quality hemp for extraction. At East Coast Herbalist, we insist on the highest standards. We carefully handpick our partners from the best in the industry. All hemp used in our products is certified organic and grown on leading US farms.
If you’ve never purchased CBD products before, picking the right products can be challenging. If you have any questions or need additional help choosing the best CBD product, reach out to us right away! Call us at (888) 745-4367 or send us an email.