About This Product
Our GreenMed Botanicals high potency medical grade salve is formulated to tackle more significant symptoms than the run of the mill topical. Common dosages for topical products are 250mg, 500mg, and 1000mg, but we went big at 2000mg CBD and 100mg CBG for a full entourage effect.
In theory, a higher dosage of active ingredients increases the effectiveness of a product, but we have found that the accompanying ingredients are equally important.
Here’s the list of ingredients and what they contribute:
- Emu Oil – Utilized in traditional aboriginal medicine, Emu Oil acts as a transdermal driver to help active ingredients penetrate deep into skin and muscles for more relief
- Arnica Oil – Arnica Montana is a perennial flower used commonly in topical preparations for it’s analgesic effects
- Hemp Extract – Organic full spectrum oil with CBD and CBG
- MCT Oil – Moisturizes skin and promotes healing
- Shea Butter – Absorbs rapidly, has anti-inflammatory properties, and helps soothe skin
- Mango Butter – Like Shea Butter, has anti-inflammatory properties and helps give the salve a smoother consistency
- Menthol – A substance naturally found in mint, it gives a cooling sensation and is commonly used to relieve pain and irritation
- Camphor – Extracted from camphor trees and commonly used to increase blood flow and provide analgesic effects
- Copaiba – An oil resin from South American leguminous trees and used commonly for inflammation, pain, and wound healing
- Lavender – Gently moisturizes skin and is known for it’s anti-inflammatory and calming effects
This product is hand made with the finest organic ingredients and is extremely potent. If you are looking for something with a lower dosage or that is better for skin issues check out our East Coast Herbalist Lemongrass Salve 500mg.
This product is intended to be used as needed to address aches, inflammation, and calm irritated skin. A little goes a long way.
Apply just enough to lightly coat the affected area and massage into the skin as well as you can. Applying after a warm shower when your pores are open helps increase absorption and effectiveness.
You should feel the results within minutes. Apply more as needed.
We typically advise patients to use this topical up to 3-4 times per day for the first couple days. We do this to help address inflammation over the long run, which is commonly the root cause of other issues and complaints.
Many patients report that after a few days, they have to use the salve less frequently and experience extended relief. This is a great rub to use after workouts as well to help increase recovery speed.
Why Would I Use a Topical?
Topical products are great for as needed issues that are treated on contact. Results are nearly immediate and can last a couple hours.
Topicals are great for addressing soreness, skin irritations, or stiff muscles and joints. Additionally, there is no worry of feeling intoxicated as the psychoactive compounds in cannabis do not break the blood barrier when applied on the skin.
Time for topicals to take effect: 5 minutes
How long tinctures last: 1 – 2 hours
- No potential for intoxication
- Apply as needed when experiencing symptoms
- Fast Acting
- No plant taste
- Not long acting
- Some have strong smells of menthol
- Only effective at the area applied to
Topicals are best suited for:
- achey joints and muscles
- Skin Irritations
- Post Workout Recovery
- Fast Acting Relief
Questions? Comments? Concerns?
Contact us directly by clicking this link.
*Disclaimer: These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Always consult a physician before taking CBD products, especially if you have pre-existing health conditions or are taking any medications. Do not use if pregnant or nursing. Do not operate heavy machinery while taking this product.