Why Would I Use a Tincture?
Medicinally speaking, tinctures are typically our go-to as a prophylactic (daily use). Tinctures are best suited for daily use due to easy dosing and long acting effects. Patient’s can use a measured dropper (standard on all of our products) to calculate the right dose. They can also change the dosage as needed. For patients that are serious about getting the best results, a tincture offers dosing flexibility, better absorption than edibles, and are more cost effective in the long run if they are using daily.
Time for tinctures to take effect: 30 – 60 minutes
How long tinctures last: 4 – 6 hours
- Easy to calculate dose using measured dropper
- Flexibility to change dose up and down as needed
- Faster acting than edibles or capsules
- Whole body effects that last
- Some don’t like oil texture
- Not the best option for “as needed” issues
- Slightly shorter acting than edibles or capsules
Tinctures are best suited for:
- Patients that need to titrate dose up or down
- Someone looking for a daily use supplement
- Someone ready and willing to put in work to get results
Why Would I use CBN?
Cannabinol (CBN): Similar to CBG and CBD, CBN has a number of potential benefits. CBN can be found in “old weed” and is a product of THC degradation. Very limited data exists on the effects of CBN, but there have been animal studies that lead researchers to believe it has a more sedating effect. Also thought to be anti-inflammatory, neuroprotective, and anti-bacterial, CBN is most commonly found in night time sleep aids.
CBN is a great product to use in tandem with CBD and CBG. Typically we suggest CBD and/or CBG during the day and a product with CBN an hour before bed. Again, the data is limited and the FDA has not indicated CBN for any of these specific uses, so it’s best to experiment with CBN yourself to see what kind of results you get.
CBN Best Uses:
- Night time use