Cannabinoid’s effects are highly individual. This product is intended for night time use. To find the number of Sleep Capsules that’s right for you, start with one to two capsules (50–100 mg) an hour before bed and adjust as needed.
- Each capsule contains 30mg of CBD, 10mg of CBG, and 10mg of CBN.
- Ingredients: Microcrystalline Cellulose, Vegetable Capsule (Hypromellose, Water), Full Spectrum Hemp Extract, Passion Flower Extract (Whole Herb, Maltodextrin), Organic Lemon Balm Extract, Organic Coconut MCT Oil, Silicon Dioxide, Melatonin. Contains: Tree Nuts (Coconut)
- Consult your doctor before use if you have been advised against eating grapefruit. Discontinue use if any adverse reactions occur. Do not use if tamper seal is broken.
Why Would I Use Capsules?
Capsules are very similar to edibles. The additional upside to capsules is that they are easily mixed with other ingredients that offer additional benefits. Some examples would be mixed with caffeine, chamomile, melatonin, or other herbs. They are discrete because they look like any other supplement/vitamin. Safer than edibles when around kids because it looks like medicine and won’t be mistaken for candy. Capsules come in a variety of dosages, but most commonly 10, 25, 50, and 100mg. Great for people that have an issue with the consistency of oils.
Time to take effect: 60 – 90 minutes
How long they last: 6 – 8 hours
- Easy and familiar way to take medicine
- Predetermined dosage with a wider range than edibles (10 – 100mg)
- Best suited for patients that know their effective dose.
- Lack of flexibility if changing dose
- Lower absorption rate
- Takes longer to feel effects
Best Suited For:
- People that don’t like the taste or consistency of oils
- People who want a healthier option than edibles or gummies
- People used to taking medicine in pill form
- People wanting the benefits of additional ingredients
- Great for a range of issues from pain, anxiety, sleep, inflammation, and more
Why Would I Use CBG?
Cannabigerol (CBG): Considered the mother of all cannabinoids, CBGa (the acidic precursor to CBG) is the first cannabinoid produced by a maturing cannabis plant. From there, most of the CBG turns into CBDa or THCa, so CBG is found in much smaller amounts in hemp and cannabis.
CBG is similar to CBD in that it is non-intoxicating, neuroprotective, and anti-inflammatory. Researchers believe CBG may have several potential uses including anxiety, inflammatory conditions, intraocular pressure, and cancer. Unfortunately, there is not enough evidence to claim CBG is effective for any of these conditions quite yet, but research is still in preliminary stages.
Here at East Coast, we typically add CBG in with CBD for patients that need something a little stronger. Anecdotally, patients seem to get a better effect, possibly due to the entourage effect as well as CBG acting on the receptors where CBD helps to produce and regulate endocannabinoids. Also, CBG seems to be stimulating or energizing to many users. Since the literature on CBG is preliminary or pretty much non existent, there aren’t any FDA indicated uses at this time, but we believe this may change in the future.
CBG Best Uses:
- Patients with more significant symptoms
- Stomach issues
Why Would I use CBN?
Cannabinol (CBN): Similar to CBG and CBD, CBN has a number of potential benefits. CBN can be found in “old weed” and is a product of THC degradation. Very limited data exists on the effects of CBN, but there have been animal studies that lead researchers to believe it has a more sedating effect. Also thought to be anti-inflammatory, neuroprotective, and anti-bacterial, CBN is most commonly found in night time sleep aids.
CBN is a great product to use in tandem with CBD and CBG. Typically we suggest CBD and/or CBG during the day and a product with CBN an hour before bed. Again, the data is limited and the FDA has not indicated CBN for any of these specific uses, so it’s best to experiment with CBN yourself to see what kind of results you get.
CBN Best Uses:
- Night time use
- Potential as a sleep aid
Why Would I Use Melatonin?
Melatonin is a hormone naturally produced in our bodies and a commonly used over the counter sleep aid. Melatonin can potentially help with sleep, eye health, HGH levels, and feeling down. Melatonin is thought of as safe and is associated with minimal side effects, however, it can effect every person differently.
Safe dosages range from 0.5mg – 10mg per day. Some common potential side effects include daytime sleepiness, dizziness, stomach cramps, and irritability. Do not drive or use machinery four to five hours after taking melatonin.