It’s very easy and budget-friendly to make your own CBD gummies at home. You can choose your own flavor and have more control over the quality of the ingredients when you make them yourself.
This recipe for Homemade CBD Gummies only has a few simple ingredients, so let’s jump right into it!
- ¾-1 cup CBD Tincture (to be reduced to a FECO)
- Click HERE to see directions for FECO
- 12 ounces Flavored Gelatin
- 2½ ounces Unflavored Gelatin (we prefer Knox brand)
- 1 cup Fruit Juice of choice (avoid citrus and pineapple juices)
- ¼ cup Honey or Agave
- 1 tablespoon Tart & Sour or Citric Acid Powder
- ½ tablespoon Flavor Extract (you can add this or skip)
You will also need BPA-free silicone gummy molds, available in different shapes and sizes on Amazon.
How to Make CBD Gummies
- In a large bowl, mix the 2 different gelatins and citric acid together.
- Separately, stir ¼ cup honey or agave together with the chilled fruit juice.
- Next, whisk the juice and honey/agave into the gelatin until everything is thoroughly combined.
- Set the gelatin mixture to the side so it can “bloom” and now you can reduce your tincture.
- In a large, non-stick sauté pan on low heat, reduce your tincture until almost all the alcohol has evaporated, creating concentrated FECO. It should be the consistency of syrup or molasses.
- Add flavor extract and swirl the pan in a circular motion until the FECO mix again resembles molasses. Now add the gelatin mixture.
- Whisk the gelatin mix into the pan with the FECO, and begin to simmer the gummy mixture over medium-low heat.
- Stir constantly for 10 minutes, or until the gelatin has completely dissolved.
- Using a large measuring cup (or a squirt bottle like this from Amazon), transfer the mixture into your gummy molds.
- Refrigerate them for 60 minutes.
- Remove your Gummies from the tray. We suggest letting them cure in the open air for a day or two, then coating them with a mixture of 50/50 sugar and citric acid.
How to Store CBD Gummies
Store the gummies in an airtight container in the fridge for the longest shelf life. Our CBD gummies don’t contain any preservatives, so it’s best to consume them within 10 days. You can also freeze them in a freezer bag, where they’ll last a year. Frozen gummies are definitely chewier than the fresh ones, but they still taste great!
These gummies are intended for adult consumption only, so please do not serve them to children. If you have any questions about the type of CBD Oil to use or the right dosage, give us a call at 888) 745 4367 or stop by our store in North Smithfield, RI. We are here to help!