This dish is a delicious variation of traditional Italian pesto enhanced with the finest cannabis oil that all CBD fans will enjoy. The dish has a gorgeous green color and a nutty, earthy flavor with a hint of sweetness. So, if you’re yearning for something similar to the pasta served in tiny alleys of Italy, yet unique due to its cannabis properties, give this dish a try.
Aside from pasta, you may make large amounts of pesto sauce to use with other food, such as salads and sandwiches. You may store it in a mason jar with the lid on, and keep it in the refrigerator’s lower section for up to 3 days.
Are you ready to prepare your CBD-infused Italian pesto? Let’s go.
Cooking Italian Pesto with CBD Oil
Things to prepare:
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves, packed
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Romano or Parmesan cheese (about 2 ounces)
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil infused with CBD
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (about 1 tablespoon)
- 1/3 cup pine nuts or walnuts
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or more to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper or more to taste
- 0.1g CBD Isolate or 3ml of any 1000mg Tincture
How to prepare the recipe:
- Add ½ cup extra virgin olive oil to a small sauce pan on medium heat. Add 0.1g CBD Isolate or 3ml of any 1000mg Tincture. Stir until well incorporated.
- Place the basil leaves and pine nuts into the bowl of a food processor and pulse several times.
- Add the garlic and Parmesan or Romano cheese and pulse several times more.
- While the food processor is running, slowly add the olive oil combined with CBD Isolate or Tincture. This will help it emulsify and help keep the olive oil from separating. Scrape down the sides of the food processor with a rubber spatula if needed, and continue adding the oil.
- Finally, when you get that runny consistency, season your sauce with salt and pepper.
- Put it in a mason jar.
Pasta with CBD-Infused Pesto
- Boil your pasta with half water in. Put some salt in it and some olive oil, and cook until your pasta is soft to the bite.
- Add your pasta to a separate bowl, pour the desired amount of pesto sauce in your pasta bowl, and enjoy!
- To add more flavor, you can squeeze in more lemon juice in your pesto or grate some more cheese.