Nowadays, most dog owners view their pets as family members and do everything possible to ensure their happiness, health, activity and well-being. Inflammation in dogs is a common factor affecting their well-being, and they are often recognized as sick, unhealthy or unhappy.
If you’re a pet owner looking for healthy ways to help out your pooch struggling with inflammation, here is the recipe for CBD-Infused Peanut Butter & Banana Dog Cookies you should not miss. These yummy cookies are not just delicious, but also full of nutrients and botanical remedies for dogs that have natural anti-inflammatory and pain-relieving properties.
What’s in there that’s going to make your dog’s tail wag?
Potassium, B6, and C are all abundant in bananas. In reality, veterinarians sometimes recommend this fruit as a healthier alternative to fatty, salty snacks. The fruit is also rich in fiber, which will benefit if your dog has digestive issues, and magnesium, which stimulates bone development and aids in the production of protein and vitamin absorption.
Many dogs like peanut butter. It’s not only high in protein, but it’s also high in heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids.
The easy digestion of organic coconut oil will help your dog’s metabolism. It also contains fiber, vitamins, and minerals, as well as valuable lauric acid (which has antibacterial, antiviral, and antifungal properties). There are many health advantages of using coconut oil in your dog’s diet or adding it to his or her face.
Flaxseed is a very nutritious food since it is high in essential fatty acids such as omega-3. Alpha-linolenic acid, or ALA, is another name for omega-3. Flaxseed is also high in dietary fibre, protein, manganese, and lignans, among other nutrients.
Omega-3 is a form of essential fatty acid that has been proven to be beneficial to the health of dogs and other animals. Essential fatty acids omega-3.
Turmeric is thought to have anti-inflammatory and curing properties. Turmeric is healthy for most dogs and helps to improve immunity and relieve effects of a variety of canine illnesses.
The compound curcumin, a bright yellow molecule that makes up 2-6 percent of turmeric, is the secret to its health benefits.
Although there is no conclusive clinical proof that CBD can treat pain, particularly neuropathic pain, or help control seizures in dogs, there is anecdotal evidence from dog owners that it can. Make sure to use high quality tincture with premium ingredients for the best results.
Let’s get to the recipe!
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
Serving: 3 Dozen
- 2 bananas mashed
- 1/2 cup organic peanut butter
- 2 tbsp ground flax mixed with 4 tbsp of water
- 3 tsp organic turmeric
- 3 dash fine ground pepper
- 1/4 cup organic coconut oil
- 3 cup whole wheat flour
- 0.2g CBD Isolate (or you can add 5ml of 1000mg full spectrum oil)
- Mash the ripe banana in a small mixing bowl with peanut butter, flax, water, turmeric, pepper, and coconut oil. To stop splatter, use a low-speed electric mixer to thoroughly combine the ingredients.
- Place the flour in a large mixing bowl. Add in the wet mixture and combine until you have a crumbly texture similar to shortbread using the electric mixer.
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Compress the crumbles together with your hands until you have a large ball of dough. Now divide into sizes that are appropriate for your dog. You can make doggie biscuits with cookie cutter shapes or a doggie biscuit cutter. If you don’t have cookie cutters, you can simply roll them into tiny balls and smoosh them down.
- Place on sheet and bake in the oven for 15 minutes on a baking sheet. Allow them to cool completely before serving your canine companion.
- After the cookies have cooled, add a drop of pet-safe CBD oil to each one for additional health benefits.