Cannabis-infused olive oil is light and delicious and can be used as a base for many cannabis-infused recipes. This easy, step-by-step guide will teach you how to make cannabis-infused olive oil at home.
Cannabis-Infused Olive Oil using CBD isolate
You can change the dosage by changing the amount of isolate you add to the oil.
1 gram of isolate = 1000mg CBD
0.5 gram of isolate = 500mg CBD
0.2 gram of isolate = 200mg CBD
Let’s say you want to make 1 cup of olive oil with 500mg total CBD in it. Here are the steps using isolate:
- Add 1 cup of olive oil to a small saucepan
- Set saucepan to medium/low heat
- Add 0.5 gram CBD isolate to heating oil in a saucepan
- Stir continuously until all the isolate is well incorporated into the oil (the oil shouldn’t appear cloudy)
- Pour into a jar and store in the fridge. Can be stored for extended periods (up to 1 year)
Full-Spectrum Cannabis-Infused Olive Oil using Flower
If you want to make full-spectrum oil, you can use flower to infuse olive oil. The process is a little bit longer and will produce a smell when making it. The dosage is harder to estimate, but the oil will have terpenes, flavonoids, and other cannabinoids, giving a full- spectrum entourage effect. Here is the process for 500mg (roughly) in 1 cup of Olive Oil or Coconut Oil:
- Get some hemp flower (roughly 12-15% CBD) and weigh out 3.5 grams
- Break up by hand into small pieces, but do not grind too fine
- Preheat the oven to 240F
- Put broken up hemp flower spread out on a baking sheet or silicone mat in the oven for 60 minutes to decarboxylate (turn CBDa into CBD)
- Add 1 cup of olive oil or coconut oil to a small saucepan on medium/low heat
- Take the decarbed hemp flower from the oven and add it to the saucepan with oil
- Simmer on medium/low stirring frequently for 2-3 hours
- Use cheesecloth or strainer to remove flower particles out of oil
- Pour oil into a jar and store in the fridge.