For busy people on the go or anyone looking for an extra boost before, during, or after exercise, protein bars are an easy and convenient option.
Protein, complex carbohydrates, and essential nutrients are all necessary components of a balanced bar. The right combo of ingredients can help you achieve your wellness and fitness goals faster. And that’s not all. You can adapt them to your liking and create your protein bars with ingredients like CBD to make them an even better fit for your lifestyle.
Protein Bars & CBD Combo
If you’re unfamiliar with CBD, it is a natural compound found in cannabis plants like hemp. CBD supports your endocannabinoid system, which helps your body regulate and maintain sleep, energy, metabolism, immunity, temperature, digestion, and other functions.
If you already incorporate CBD into your everyday life, you know the advantages it can bring to your general health and wellness. Maybe you use topicals to relieve muscle soreness after a workout. Or take gummies or tinctures when you wake up and get energized for a busy day? So, for even better outcomes, why not try CBD protein bars?
How to Make CBD-Infused Protein Bar
Here’s a simple CBD protein bar recipe to help you get not just the nutritious protein you need but also a regular dose of CBD!
- 1/2 cup of peanut butter
- 2 cups oats
- 1 cup hemp seeds
- 1 cup dried fruit, berries, or raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup dark chocolate
- 100 mg of CBD oil (alter as needed)
- In a large bowl, mix oats, dried fruit, nuts, hemp seeds, and cinnamon
- In a small pot, combine peanut butter, milk, dark chocolate, and honey
- Place over low heat, stirring until it becomes a soft paste
- Remove from heat, add in the CBD oil, and stir
- Mix with dry ingredients in a bowl
- Press evenly into the pan or glass baking dish with wet or lightly greased hands to prevent sticking, and compress the mixture into desired bar thickness.
- Place in the fridge for about 30 minutes
- Once firm, slice into even pieces
- Store at moderate room temp for several days or chilled in the fridge for a week.
Nutritious Boost & CBD Goodness in One
This CBD protein bar is a filling and tasty, balanced snack high in protein, fiber and rich in a potent CBD oil. Because CBD Oil is metabolized along with food, it will take more time to be effective than when applied under the tongue, so be patient. Make sure to start with smaller doses of CBD Oil in this recipe and then gradually increase it.
Ready to start cooking? Need help with choosing the right CBD Oil? Feel free to contact us at (888) 745 4367 or stop by our store in North Smithfield, RI. We’re happy to help.